Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Boring Monday

Monday's are traditionally low-key around here, so I "decided" to liven things up with a trip to the ER.  While slicing some bread, the knife slipped and I came away with a nice gash to my finger.  I ran some water over it, grabbed a paper towel to apply pressure, and it still wouldn't stop bleeding.  So I called Kevin to come back home and drive me to a medically approved facility where they take care of such things.  Off we went to Walnut Creek (45 min. away since anything urgent care closes at 5 pm.  How ridiculous is that?  And it's ridiculous that there isn't a hospital closer to Livermore.  But whatever; that's an issue for another day) and their ER services.  Thankfully it was a quiet-ish night for them, and we were there for only an hour after we checked in.  The result? No stitches, just some fancy gluing to keep it closed.  And I came away with some additional packets of cool hospital glue to reapply myself if needed.  It's pretty ugly looking, and if it were closer to Halloween, I'd definitely be incorporating this into a costume.  But it's not, so I'm just walking around with an ugly finger.    

1 comment:

Jen said...

Well I'm glad you are okay! We've had three nasty injuries at our house the last week and a half or so. Benjamin got his finger SMASHED in a door... fortunately, baby bones are very pliable and it wasn't broken. Then Jonathan fell and broke his chin open and had 5 stitches. Then today, James fell out of the red wagon and cut the back of his head on a paving stone in the backyard. Not stitch or even band-aid worthy, but you know how head wounds bleed. *sigh* I wish these boys would let my life be boring!!