Monday, June 25, 2012

Dead Leg

Last night I had the realization that the kid is literally getting on my nerves.  I've been having fairly constant pain, numbness, and tingling in my left leg the past week or so, and it is because the baby is sitting (standing? jumping? punching? tap-dancing?) on my sciatica.  My in-depth research (using the search function on the Kaiser website) led me to this self-diagnosis.  Plus, all those baby classes we took told us this was a possibility.  Now I just need to learn how to walk with a leg that suddenly goes dead out from under me.  It is an interesting feat.  

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ah the joys of pregnancy! Funny how nobody tells you about the aches and pains of it before hand! Luckily, it's over fairly quickly (though sometimes it feels like forever!) and then everything goes back to normal body-wise. And the amazing reward you get at the end is so worth it all! (I won't bore you with details of days when you wonder if it really was worth it... ;) With my first three pregnancies I got nasty nerve pain in the middle of my left thigh, like someone had punched me there, and in the joints of my big toe, all in the first trimester. Talk about hard to walk! Fortunately, not with this one.... I'm holding out hope that I may escape the nerve pain this time around!