Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Stats

I went in for an ultrasound yesterday so the tech could give us a guesstimate on the size and weight of the baby.  Right now, she is predicting 8 lbs. 5 oz (plus or minus a pound) and a size consistent with a July 17th-20th due date (which is this week).  Knowing my luck, the kid will still come in the middle of August and be on the plus side of that weight estimate, by more than a pound.  I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, so we'll see what she says about this situation then.  But in the meantime, I am so absolutely ready to be done with pregnancy.  I want my body back, my range of motion returned.  I'd like to be able to paint my toenails by myself again.  I want to sleep comfortably again, and be able to walk without pain in my joints.  I am over and done with it all.    

2 comments:

Kati Ann said...

I'm not to sure about their guestimations... Lol I was told Elika was just under 2 pounds on the ultrasound... She was 3lb 5oz. I have have friends that were guessed in the 8lb range, but the kid was 6lb. Im sure she will be absolutely perfect whatever her size. :)
We are praying for a sooner-than-later delivery for you. :)

Jen said...

My midwife with Jonathan said he was going to be a 10 pounder (and late_.... He was 7 lbs 9 oz (and 11 days early). Yeah she was 3 lbs off! He was very tall, so that may have thrown her estimation but I think she also was just a crappy, crappy midwife. Now, that you are DONE and think this baby is coming, you do know that it will be like a week longer than you think right? LOL! They always do that... make you think that it's time and you are done and then they don't come and you want to kill somebody! But when they finally do, you forget all your uncomfortableness and all your frustration and anger that they took their time because you are holding that sweet little baby. And it's okay after all. But your stories will always tell how mad you were and then how it was all okay in the end. You should have seen how mad I was with James... dilating to almost a 5 without contractions for three weeks(!!!) because he had to come on my birthday. But look at James... it totally fits him (wanting to be on my birthday that is) and I wouldn't have it any other way now. I hope you get to hold your little girl soon!