Thursday, July 26, 2012

Crafty Boredom

I have been on maternity leave for two weeks. The house is (fairly) clean, the baby space ready, and I'm bored puttering around the house and equally tired of lacking the energy to leave the house. And so I've resorted to crafty things. We're growing wildflowers from the seeds we handed out at the wedding, so I picked some petals, dried them, and put them in a clear Christmas ornament I had hanging around.  We now have a nice little ornament that has mementos from the wedding.  In a couple years these petals will be dust and shaking around this glass ball.  Until then, I'll just enjoy the few brief moments I had of putting it all together and alleviating my boredom.  

It's cheesy, and I'm okay with that. It amuses me.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I like it. Good idea!