Sunday, July 22, 2012

My heart is full

I have been sitting here thinking a great deal about how blessed I am in my friendships.  There are several ladies in my ward that I have become friends with since I moved in, and friends I've made through my time in the singles ward.  We've hung out together, had family activities together, and gotten to know one another pretty well.  As I approach the due date (six days away and I hope I don't have to wait out the week after still being pregnant), these women have called and emailed to check in on me, offered to take Maggie on walks and bring dinner, make sure I know they are thinking of me as I go along.  My friends and family in SoCal (and other parts of the country) have also been checking in on me, letting me know that while they cannot be here physically, they are sending thoughts and prayers my way.  It is all appreciated.  Greatly.  My heart is full to know how blessed I am to have these people in my life, and to know that I can truly call on them for anything.  I hope I am able to be the kind of friend that they are to me.      

No comments: