Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Traveling Along

I love my mom.  Let me just put that out there.  She is fantastically wise and always knows what I need to hear.  It might not be what I WANT to hear, but she gives it to me, nonetheless.  I told her I was having a hard time with not being able to travel, and she reminded me of all the traveling I can do, and still have fun.  Kevin and I are flying to Utah in a couple weeks for Julie's wedding.  We'll be having adventures while there and having tons of fun with old friends.

Mom reminded me that I have family and friends up and down California and in other states, who will always be happy to see me and let me use them as a base for exploring the area.  My parents are less than two hours from the Oregon border and more than happy to let me jump north from their house.  I have options.  It might  be a few years before I can go international again, but I'll have some fun exploring my own state and country in the meantime.  Recommendations of what to see and do in California, Oregon, and beyond are welcome and appreciated.  I have a list to make!

1 comment:

Mal said...

Mike and I know exactly how you feel. We'd both LOVE to travel internationally but (aside from the airport in Japan, which totally doesn't count and a couple school trips into Canada) neither of us have had the chance.

I am sure you've been to Yosemite, but it's still always worth going to. Also Mike and I have talked a lot about doing a Northwest coast tour and hitting up some of the national parks up there.