Sunday, January 15, 2012

Death of a Suitcase

The zipper pull handle broke on my suitcase this morning.  Kevin and I are at my Grandma's for the weekend, so it is ironic that the piece of luggage I have used the most has chosen to die on the last day of a weekend getaway.  I am a little sad about my luggage.  It has served me well for the last ten years. I got it for my 21st birthday, and have been traveling with it ever since.  It has traveled to eight countries and five states (multiple times per state, usually), in addition to all the random weekend jaunts I've taken with friends and family over the years.  While writing my thesis, I put all my research books and papers into this suitcase and used it whenever I went to the library for researching and writing.  So it really has lived its life and served its purpose.

Now I just need to find a replacement suitcase before I fly to Utah for Julie's wedding.  Maybe something festive and colorful to make it stand out from all the other luggage out there (easy identification!).  I hope this next piece of luggage serves me just as well and just as long.

No comments: