Friday, January 13, 2012

Ahhhh...Relief!

I made my first visit to a chiropractor this week.  I slept funky the other night and woke up with some excruciating pain in my neck and shoulders.  I had pinched a nerve and my arm and fingers were numb and tingly.  It HURT!  So I asked some co-workers for medical advice (because we are all medically trained and educated) and they suggested a chiropractor.  Luckily, my stake president is a chiropractor and has an office around the corner from my workplace.  I called and got a same-day appointment, showed up, laid on a table, and the doctor twisted my neck to the left and then the right.  Great cracking ensued with each twist.  I got up and had immediate relief.  Oh, my goodness.  It was AMAZING!  

I went back two days later and the same left/right twist and crack occurred and the remaining tightness was gone.  Instantly.  Angels sang a hallelujah chorus with fireworks exploding in the background and broadway dancers springing out with a choreographed number.  It. Was. Magical.  And the best part? I was able to look over my shoulders as I drove home.  I hadn't been able to do that since I woke up with a pinched nerve.  I am a believer in chiropractors now, and see how people become addicted and dependent on them.

1 comment:

Mal said...

People think it's gross when I crack my back, but it is so relieving! If my back aches (and it does pretty much every morning, not just when I'm pregnant--it's the mattress we have) I just give it a pop and it feels sooooooooooooooooooo much better. I've wanted to go to a chiropractor for other problems I've had though (those ones are pregnancy-related) but haven't ever done it. Maybe this time I will.