Thursday, January 5, 2012

To Comment or Not to Comment

It has come to the point with Facebook that I have to ask myself, "do I want to comment on this status badly enough to deal with all all the notifications I will receive because of it?"  I'll be honest, most of the time it is no, simply because the person has a prolific following that will randomly comment on anything and I will get twenty notifications from Facebook telling me that so-and-so has also commented on this person's status.  I don't care!  I've said what I had to say, and if I want to follow up, I will look that person up whenever I feel like it.  Otherwise, I don't need 5,000 little red flags alerting me to the comments.  At least Facebook doesn't send the notifications to my email anymore.  I can deal with not having to delete a bunch of notification emails cluttering up my inbox.

2 comments:

Mal said...

Now they just combine them all into one notification--at least they do on mine. So if five people comment on someone's something within so many hours of each other (I think basically just between the times I check) and then I can click on it once or just ignore it if I don't really care.

Anonymous said...

ah, the joys of being facebookless! :)