Sunday, July 31, 2011

Thanks for being a scout widow

I received this letter in the mail yesterday from the Bay Area scout council yesterday.  It is a thank-you note to me for "allowing" Kevin to go to Scout Camp and "letting" him spend so much time with the Scouts, molding young men into adults of good character.  They assure me that all the time I've spent alone while he is in Scoutmaster mode is not in vain. 

In all seriousness, it was a nice thing to receive (if a little corny).  I've never begrudged any of the time Kevin spends with the Scouts doing what he needs.  And I usually use that time to spend with my own girlfriends, so...win-win, I guess.

But if the San Francisco Bay Area Scout Council wants to thank me for being a Scout widow, well, that is fine by me.  And maybe next time there could be a gift card to DSW in there?

1 comment:

Shalmeno said...

If you DO end up with a DSW gift card, let me know - so I can sign Robb up! ;-)