Saturday, July 30, 2011

Zestfully Lemon Dinner Party

A little while ago, I posted about a fruit arrangement that inspired me.  With Kevin gone at Scout Camp, I decided to use the Friday night to the best advantage and host a dinner party for some of my girlfriends in the ward.  I decided to be a bit more formal than usual, and sent out the invites, rather than my usual Facebook or evite methods.  But I used lemons and limes as my theme throughout the evening.  We ate outside, used the fine china and silverware, and the table linens.  It was so pretty!  The menu consisted of lemon chicken, green beans with lemon zest, and some yummy bread.  We also had a sparkly lemonade as our adult beverage.  It was just such a fun and relaxed evening.  I thoroughly enjoyed myself from planning to hosting, and can't wait to do it again.

 The invites
 The outdoor dining set-up
Dessert!  Lemon-lime cupcakes with lime sorbet.  De-lish!

 

1 comment:

Shalmeno said...

FABULOUS! I wish I could've been there. :-)