Saturday, July 16, 2011

I am a genius!

Ok, not really, but I like to pretend that I have great spurts of ideas sometimes.  It makes me feel good about myself.   A couple days ago, though, I think I did have a stroke of inspiration.  I had been thinking about an idea for cupcakes and tested it out the other day to reports of "bomb-diggity" and "I need another one" from my co-workers.  Flattery is just music to my ego.  But I made lemon cupcakes and infused vanilla frosting with lime zest and lime juice.  It was super yummy.  I'm definitely a more adventurous baker than a cook (and better at baking than cooking), but I'm super jazzed that what I was going for turned out so well.  Yea!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That's sounds fabulous. Your next thing should be mint and lime. Fantastic combination. You should also get Flo Braker's book "Baking For All Occasions" it's totally right up your alley. I love that book!

Kensie said...

Let me guess... Faith said "bomb-diggity" haha =]

Care to share the recipe!? :)