Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Super Ineligible

As you may have heard, I got engaged on Saturday night (thus cementing my ineligible status). Many have asked for the story, and as I am only to happy to appease my adoring fans (plus share my incredible news), I am posting the story here for your reading pleasure.

About three weeks ago, when Kevin and I were out on our regular date night, he handed me an envelope. Inside were tickets to Wicked, playing in San Francisco. I was extremely excited, since I love the show. I spent the the time eagerly anticipating the day of the show. The day arrives and Kevin picks me up (looking incredibly handsome in his new suit) and we go to dinner at Postino in Laffeyette. It is a really nice Italian resturaunt with incredible food. After dinner, and while waiting for our dessert, Kevin says, "You look amazing tonight, but I think you are missing something." And I, who had spent a good portion of the day getting ready, did not fully understand. He hands me a jewlery box, and I open it to see the most gorgeous engagement ring sitting in the box, and he asked me to marry him. I was a deer in the headlights and just started shaking. It was pretty bad. But I managed to say yes, and he put the ring on my finger. And it was really the most perfect night.

After that, we did go up to San Francisco to see Wicked. Luckily, I had seen it before, so when I was distracted by the ring and Kevin, I still knew what was happening on the stage. By the time we started driving home from the show, it had all really started to sink in. I'm crazy in love and just incredibly happy. But I have also posted pictures below. So enjoy. And stay tuned for exciting updates!
Me and my ring
Close up of the ring
The happy couple




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congradulations Shaine, I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

Priscilla

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both!!

Jen said...

Awwww! You made me tear up! I'm so excited for my new sis!!! (PS... Beware... I'm a blog stalker LOL! and I'll pretty much watch your blog for anything new... It's my wind down from a long day with the boys activity :D)

Sarie said...

Beautiful ring. You two look SO HAPPY!

Garbett Family said...

There are a few tears in my eyes... I am SO happy for you! You look amazing, Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he sent you to San Jose. :)

Carrie said...

awe...love looks good on you. He is a very lucky man. I look forward to hearing more details about the upcoming grand event. Congratulations!!!

Meredith said...

Congratulations Shaine!!

Shalmeno said...

You mean, Heavenly Father didn't send you to San Jose just as moral support for me??? Seriously, I'm SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! (12 exclamation points happy - THAT happy!) And I knew you were going to marry him since the first time you told me something along the lines of "It's so easy to be with him!" Sigh.....my best friend is getting married!