Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ineligible!

Since my current roommate is getting married in Sept. and our lease is up in August, I either have to find a new roommate or a new place to live. One of my friends is the housing coordinator for our ward and I was hanging out at her place last night (Kevin had Scouts), with her roommate, another friend of mine. So, as we were hanging out, I mentioned that I would need to list my apt. or myself (or both) as needing a new occupant or place to reside. The conversation goes as follows:

Friend 1: We've been talking, and while we would love to live with you...
Friend 2: The fact that you are dating someone worries us. We don't want to have you move in, only to move out a little while later due to a new "roommate" situation.
Me: So what you are saying is, my relationship status makes me ineligible for roommate-ship.
Friend 2: Basically, yes.
Friend 1: But we love having you around, and it would have been great. We're just sick of moving.

So, apparently, being in a relationship makes others wary of sharing a house/apt. That is a side of things I never knew came with a boyfriend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Who knew that I'd have that kind of impact on your life. :-D

Wendy said...

I can think of a solution to this problem.................. :)