Monday, August 24, 2009

A few facts and details...

So here are a few facts that everyone has been clamoring for.

We are getting married March 27th, 2010 in the Oakland Temple. There will be a reception later that evening.

We are getting married then for a few reasons.

1) We like that date and the time it gives us to get things organized, etc.
2) That is the beginning of my Spring Break, so we have a nice chunk of time for the honeymoon (woohoo!).
3) I am kind of anti getting married around holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) because there is enough going on around that time period without adding another stressor (i.e. a wedding) into the mix. Besides, I want my anniversary to stand alone as its own little holiday.
4) We met during Conference Weekend, and we'll be getting married the week before Conference. I like the idea of our wedding (and future anniversaries) occuring at that time. It is a nice memory and now I get to celebrate it as my wedding date.
5) It works for us.

But as I have more details I will let you know and keep you all posted. Because I know you're excited and just can't wait. : )

3 comments:

Shalmeno said...

I really can't wait!

And when did you change the name of your blog? How did I miss that?

Kathi Athey said...

My favorite is #5!!

Garbett Family said...

Your wedding, your life, your business. Good for you for doing what YOU want! After the wedding don't let people tell you when or when not to have kids as well! Congrats again!