Monday, August 10, 2009

And the verdict is...

The polls are closed and the verdict is in...the winner is "Singing in the Rain," by a couple votes. So sometime soon, Kevin will be introduced to this classic of American cinema. One of the truly great movies of all time, with catchy tunes and references still used and understood today. To know Singing in the Rain is to know America.

I think watching this movie could be considered a patriotic duty, which, if I remember correctly, the Boy Scouts are sworn to do (don't they do their duty to God and their country?). So, as an Eagle Scout, I think it is doubly mandatory for Kevin to have watched this masterpiece at least once.

1 comment:

Shalmeno said...

Amen! (And I would follow with "Wizard of Oz" and then "Footloose", but those are just my preferences.)
Muah! :-)