Saturday, November 14, 2009

An Ode to Becky

I've mentioned my future SIL Becky previously, but she has provided me with some great material lately, so I felt the need to dedicate a post especially to her. I came over to the Athey house one night to find Becky breaking in her wedding shoes (the big day is fast approaching--approximately 5 weeks to go to Dec. 19th and wedded bliss!) and somehow coordinating her heels with her PJs. That is a fashion statement I can appreciate.

Last week, Becky went through the temple for her own endowments and it was a marvelous experience to be there with her. The Atheys have a tradition for after someone goes through the temple. They go to Fenton's afterward for food and ice cream (for those of you who saw the Pixar movie UP, Fenton's is a real place in Oakland. Super yummy). I LOVE this tradition. After we came home around 10:30 PM, Zac (Becky's fiance) and Dad Athey went back to working on Zac's truck and putting the brakes back together so Zac could drive home to Santa Rosa. It was a very eventful evening.

So here is to you, Becky. You are a fabulous person who is warm, funny, friendly, kind, and incredibly talented. I'm glad I've gotten to know you since I moved into the ward, and am grateful that we were able to become friends. I like to think it bodes well for our future as SILs. You're marvelous and fabulous and will make a beautiful bride. But I am even more excited to see you continue in your journey as the wonderful woman I already know you as.


You have to admire a girl who can coordinate
her heels with her PJs! And rock the hat, on top of it.
The new business casual look.
Becky and Zac share a moment at Fenton's.

Zac and Dad Athey having a male bonding moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the picts, lol. But thanks! I'm glad I've gotten to know you too. The future of the Athey's will definitely be more awesome with you involved :)