Monday, May 24, 2010

Vocabulary

I seem to pick up words and phrases from the people I associate with the most. And they seem to become an indelible part of my vocabulary. Back in the LBC days, I picked up "if it's not a good time, it's a good story" from the Black sisters. Wendy contributed "hold please" and "keyword" to my phraseology. It was recently brought to my attention that I said good-bye to some people with the phrase "peace out homies" which seems to be an homage of sorts to Patty. Vanessa has given me "good glory" and I have Carrie to thank for my response of "sure" to some statements directed towards me. I notice that when with Katy and Lisa, I say "wow" a whole lot more. Maybe they just surprise me a great deal. I haven't noticed that I picked anything up from Kevin. Maybe that's because I talk enough for the both of us. However you look at it, I'm influenced by the people around me. I'm just lucky they are fabulous and didn't have any bad habits that I would have absorbed.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I appreciate the shout out but "hold please" is definitely Patty and "Keyword" is probably her too. I picked them up from her myself.

Rachel D. Josephson said...

I picked up "If it's not a good time, it's a good story" from you, btw. Isn't it funny how these things travel?