Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Dirty Thirties Have Arrived

Yesterday was my birthday (thanks for all the good-wishes, btw) and it was, sincerely, one of the most perfect birthdays I have EVER had. And for a girl whose birthday is her favorite holiday, I can guarantee that is saying something. My day started with Kevin getting up early to prepare breakfast for me. Waffles, bacon, apple juice, and a pretty red rose started off my day.

One of my coworkers gave me some roses, another some tulips, and Kevin surprised me at lunch with some more flowers. We had a little surprise birthday celebration potluck at work, and it was very yummy. I received numerous texts and birthday messages from friends and family, which was awesome. After work I had an appointment in Pleasanton, and Kevin had a surprise up his sleeve. When I came home, the table was set with the good linens and our fancy china and crystal, and he had cooked a full-on traditional Italian dinner for me (us). It involved all four courses, with birthday cake for dessert. In addition, Kevin had placed flowers throughout the house. Roses and lilies (my favorite), and bunches of tulips. The house looked beautiful, the food tasted divine, and I felt incredibly loved, special, and cared for.
After dinner, it was time for presents. Can I brag a little more? Kevin gave me some cool things, but my absolute favorite was the complete series of the West Wing. It is my favorite TV show of all time, and I've contemplated buying it in the past, but have always stopped myself. Now I won't have to record the re-runs that come on Bravo at 5 and 6 AM and clutter up the DVR anymore. I love it. I am fortunate to be married to such a thoughtful man who does such amazing things for me. He pays attention to my likes and dislikes, and shows he loves me in such incredible, thoughtful ways. It was the most perfect birthday, ever. I cannot think of a better way to welcome my 30s, and look forward to the celebrations coming throughout the month.

No comments: