Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gettin' Crafty

My parents are very creative people. They have an innate ability to create something out of nothing, to look at a piece of junk and say "I can do something with that," and have it turn out beautifully. I did not inherit that talent. I regret that more than I can say, since I really enjoy the results of aforementioned creative process. I think I am just too literal. But lately I have gotten caught up in all these crafty blogs and think "I can do that." Then I remember all my crafty disasters of the past, and think that maybe I should just stay far, far, away from glue guns and mod podge, and decoupoge. But the urge to create is just getting too strong for me to ignore. Maybe I should start out small. I've traveled to foreign countries; surely I should be able to handle Michaels. There must be something out there that I can do.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Shaine, I am totally with you. Every now and then I'll have some small success in something creative and get all delusional about what I am capable of... oh, well.

Carrie said...

I have faith in your Young Women endeavors...trying something with either numbers, lines, or structure. I look forward to seeing your efforts.

Shalmeno said...

Hmmmm. Perhaps we can find something crafty to do together, as I'm similarly challenged. :-)