Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My First Day!

After a month of having background check, fingerprinting, and all sorts of other hoops to jump through, I finally started with the City of Livermore in their planning department.  I am going to be working on a couple historic preservation projects they've had sitting around for the last eight years, and hopefully be able to get them sorted out and finished up.  It was so nice to be back in the field and in my professional setting.   I've missed it, tremendously, and am enjoying it thus far.  It is weird to be in such a small city government setting.  I'm used to the City of Long Beach, which has a population of over 500,000 and a a huge local government.  Livermore has a population of approx. 80,000 people and a very small local government.  It will be an interesting journey and I'm excited for all the possibilities there.  But yay!  I'm back in the field.  And I'm loving it!

No comments: