Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What the heck!?

So there I was, minding my own business and sleeping quite nicely when, at 4:37 AM, my phone rings. Being jarred out of sleep is bad enough. Seeing the clock read 4:37 is atrocious, especially when you know you have more time to sleep before having to get up. In the blink of a sleep befuddled mind, I answered the phone. It could be any number of horrendous things that had happened to a loved one. My friend could have had her baby early...my brother could have been in an accident on his way home from work...these went through my mind as I fumbled for the phone. I didn't look at the caller ID, because, lets face it, I was too busy trying to find the phone with my eyes still closed in the denial of sleep. I finally answered the stupid thing, only to have this conversation.

Me: Hello (in a very sleepy, tired voice)
Caller: Is John there?
Me: John?
Caller: Yeah, is John there?
Me: I think you have the wrong number.
Caller: Are you sure? Is John just not wanting to get up?
Me: Pretty sure. You have the wrong number.
Caller: Oh, sorry.
Me: click

It was a lousy way to start the day. Luckily, I was able to fall asleep again pretty quickly.

1 comment:

Garbett Family said...

That stinks. I know how much you love your sleep! :)