Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reflections and Goals

Happy New Year to one and all! Hopefully 2009 is full of fun and exciting new things for everyone. Usually I am anti-New Year's resolutions, because, well, I never keep them and usually they are fairly outlandish. Instead, upon reflection, I decided to adopt some goals that would help me to become a better person all around, not just for 2009. Some I already am pretty good at, but I thought I'd include them because they are part of being well-rounded. I decided I'd post them here, because then it is out there for others to see, and perhaps monitor.

*Study the scriptures daily
*Pray morning and night
*Regular temple attendance
*Continue to develop a closer relationship with my brothers
*Regular exercise
*Develop healthier eating habits
*Focus on learning and growth opportunites (school, general learning)
*Be more involved/knowledgeable about current events
*Fiscal responibility
*Travel to places not yet seen, within the USA
*Try new things (activities, foods, events)
*Go out of my comfort zone and be more social

While ruminating on all these things I'd like to do, I'll continue with the schmaltzy feelings and just say, I'm grateful for the friendships I've been able to develop with you all, and for the love and support I know you send my way. I'm glad to know you all, and hope that you get everything you want and need in this coming year. May it be prosperous in many ways--family, friends, experiences--and be all that you are hoping for today.

1 comment:

Carrie (a.k.a. Fullykins) said...

these are very nice and sweet...but wondering/challenging you to put a numerical measure behind some of these so that you really force yourself to strive and see growth. Just a thought...