Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oral Fixations

I had to have a root canal about 10 years ago, and recently found out that the dentist filled it in short. Subsequently, I now have an infection in that root and must go to an endodentist to have it taken care of. Basically they have to cut a hole in my crown and try to dig the infection out, or peel back the gum and then dig away. Either way, it is uncomfortable for me. I will be give a local anesthetic (I might prefer to be put under entirely. I REALLY hate people working in my mouth) and the procedure will take about two hours, during which my mouth must remain open the ENTIRE time. All this fun and excitement happens on Friday morning, bright and early. I am planning on getting no sleep Thursday night so I can plug in my ipod and pretty much zone out on Friday during the procedure. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Bummer. I am sorry to hear that. Good luck!

Garbett Family said...

Oh yucky. Best of luck...