Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Adventures of Shaine, Sharon, and Wendy (& Lily, too!)

Wendy and Sharon came up on Monday for a few days of fun and shenanigans.  We lunched, we chatted, drove to Carmel taking the scenic route, toured the monarch butterfly sanctuary (and saw more deer than butterflies), met up with Julie and Justin, and went to the zoo.  In between, we sat around, reminisced, and just relaxed.  It was a fabulous three days and I was sad for them to end.

Wendy tries to figure out what this antique is in downtown Livermore.

Ordered to "get wild" by her boss, Wendy drinks her DP with whiskey stones.


Just horsin' around with some love and affection.

Monarchs hanging on the tree in their sanctuary.

Deer in the butterfly sanctuary.



Lily LOVED hanging with the girls.

Dinner with Julie!

I'm pretty sure Sharon had ice cream products each day she was here. Vacation food!

Trying to figure out where to go first at the Oakland Zoo.


Lily was a trooper the whole time; good moods, and a delight to be around. 

Watching the elephants was major fun.

Lily got to pet a goat!

Lily sat this way to view the zoo most of the day. She doesn't want to miss a thing. 

We stared at the giraffes forever.  They were magical. 

Sun Bears!  I loved these guys.

Our "gang sign." 

It was a fun visit and a good time.  

2 comments:

Mal said...

Fun! Lily is getting so big! And the giraffes were always Madie's favorite too! She would ask to go back to them even if we had already seen them for 20 minutes!

Shalmeno said...

Oh, I'm so sad I missed out. I wish I weren't working or that I at least had more days I could take off!