Thursday, December 22, 2011

I'll be home for Christmas...

One of my favorite Christmas songs is "I'll Be Home for Christmas" by Bing Crosby (and covered by a multitude of other artists over the years).  This year, I will be home for Christmas.  Kevin and I are travelling north to the homestead and will be living it up in the cold splendor that is Eureka!  I love it up there; it is actually winter with the cold (and potentially rainy) days and nights, the small-town atmosphere, and seeing the people I've known since I was little.  I have a list of the things I intend to do, and am super excited to start crossing them off.  It's been a while since I've had the opportunity.  It's been a while since I've been up in Eureka, period.   

1) Lunch at Vellintini's Bakery.  Turkey Lurkey season is here!  Yay!!!!!!!
2) Dinner with the fabulous Candy at Applebee's.  It's our spot together and always a good time.
3) Touring the Christmas displays at Pierson's.  There is always super cool/cute stuff by local craftsman. LOVE IT.
4) Wandering Old Town and perusing the used book stores (there are two up there and I've never found any other place that can compete to these locations.  Awesome).  
5) Hanging out in front of the fire and reading, for hours on end.
6) Speaking with far-flung family and friends.

Happy Christmas everyone!  Enjoy the time you spend with friends and family and be safely merry. 

No comments: