Monday, December 19, 2011

A Grinch-y Christmas

One of my all-time favorite Christmas movies is "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (the cartoon, not the fairly awful Jim Carey remake).  I love that movie and watch it every year.  I've been thinking about it a lot, lately.  Mostly because I've had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit.  We've been exceedingly busy since October and I feel like I haven't had a moment to catch my breath, work has been hellish, and life has just been getting in the way of things.

One of the things resonating with me the most this year about the Grinch is his inability to get into and understand the Christmas spirit.  Granted, he goes a lot farther than I ever would in destroying Christmas, but he starts out with a heart two sizes too small, and by the end, it grows three sizes that day.  It is a movie that always makes me smile, and reminds me that Christmas is not in the ribbons and bows, but the heart and the spirit that prevails amongst family and friends.  I hope you enjoy this holiday season and find joy in the time spent with those you love.

No comments: