Sunday, August 21, 2011

Grass!!!

You might have seen my backyard.  It was hard packed dirt, lots of dead and crispy weeds, and some unidentifiable stuff.  It was just not pleasant, plain and simple.  In the last few months we've put some (minor) improvements to the place.  There was the gazebo, the outdoor dining, planting the garden, hanging the hammock, and a variety of other projects.  The final process was putting in some grass seed.  We are doing very inexpensive updates; we are renting and don't want to do anything to major, but since we will be here for a while, there are some things that we have to do to make it more habitable.

I went to work on Friday, while Kevin had the day off (he works 9/80s), and by the time I came home for lunch around 2 pm, he had the yard tilled, the grass seed spread, and the top-soil laid down.  AWESOME!!  I was all prepared to help out once I got home from work, but he had it all done.  In four to six weeks, we should have some nice grass.  It will be wonderful to fully enjoy the backyard.   It already feels cooler back there.

Kevin is a handy guy to have around.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I hear ya on the rental thing. We made some minor improvements on our front yard. Those pots with herbs and the river rocks used to just be scattered river rocks with big gaps and lots of nasty dirt and weeds. We hope to lay grass seed in our backyard soon. But it will be hard to keep the boys off it while it grows so I don't know whether we'll be able to do it. But I'm sort of sick of the mud/dirt clods they bring in, kwim? I can't wait to see your backyard! Take pictures as soon as the grass starts to sprout!!

Katy said...

Okay, so THAT's what Kevin was out pricing on Tuesday. I can't wait to see the finished product!