Saturday, August 20, 2011

Cousin fun!

One of the things I enjoy most about living in the Bay Area is being closer to cousin Meghan.  My Uncle John and Aunt Elizabeth did not always live close by the rest of the Davis clan, so they could not attend all the family functions.  As a consequence, I was not able to get to know my cousins, Meghan and Sara, as well as the other cousins.  That changed a little bit with summers Meghan spent with my family in Eureka, but that was when we were teenagers.  Who knows themselves as teenagers?

Meghan moved to Alameda a few years ago, so when I moved back to NorCal, we were able to get together.  Kevin and I are able to double date with Meghan and her finace about once a month, and they can come to some of the gatherings we host here at the Drunken Puppy.  It has been wonderful connecting with Meghan.  Family is family, and there are similarities in us because her Dad and my Mom are siblings.  I love having someone so close by who knows what I am talking about when I refer to something as "Davis," and can reminisce about the stories of the past.  Love it.  

No comments: