Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Getaway (aka A Night of Debauchery)

This past weekend, Vanessa and I decided we needed a little break.  So, she left Ren (her son) with Robb (her husband), I left Lily with my in-laws (Kevin was at an Elders Quorum overnighter), and we turned my house into a hotel.  We went shopping for shoes, went to Target and wandered around for a couple hours, brought a bunch of food home to eat for dinner (which happened around 10 pm), watched some TV and stayed up way too late talking.  Then we got up the next morning for some brunch, got pedicures, did some more shopping, and picked up Lily around 3 pm, ending our child-free day.  It was kind of magical.  We're planning on doing it again.


 Lily all packed up for her first overnighter.
 The magically ugly shoes found by Vanessa.
 They sparkled like a disco ball.  I actually kind of want them.
The difference between "classy" and "trashy" is apparently the size of the glitter.

Our feast and a little Project Runway.       Pedicures!


1 comment:

Shalmeno said...

I either need to start carrying my camera around with me or just give in and get an iPhone. :-)