Monday, October 22, 2012

Baby Shower

I hosted a baby shower for a friend the other day.  She is having a little boy, and it was a fun time.  I decided to have a pumpkin theme, given the season.  I was pretty proud of my ideas.  We had a hot chocolate bar, with pumpkin-shaped Peeps as the marshmallows, and pumpkin patch-themed cupcakes.  And I found this amazing recipe for pumpkin fluff.  It's basically Cool-whip, canned pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice (mix together and chill), served with Nilla Wafers.  DELICIOUS!  I love parties; attending and hosting.  It's always fun to get people together and spend time socializing.  


2 comments:

Jen said...

Fun! I saw these cupcakes that would have been perfect for your party. They were the pumpkin patch idea like you had but they used crushed up shredded wheat on top of the frosting with the candy pumpkins to look like straw. Might be a fun idea for your next fall/Halloween party. Since I know you love Halloween, I know you'll be attending/hosting a Halloween party or two. :D The last issue of Food Network Magazine had all kinds of cupcake decorating ideas, I can send them to you if you like. ;)

Mal said...

Cute! Wish I was there! Who was it for?