Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lily's Blessing Day

We (Kevin actually did the deed) blessed Lily on September 2nd, and it was beautiful.  I cried, which I never do.  I'm not a crier.  But tears leaked through.  Kevin did a great job.  It was a great day with family and friends coming to witness the event and then gathering at our house for refreshments after.  My mom sewed the blessing dress from my wedding veil material and it is the prettiest thing.  I love it and Lily looked beautiful.  It was a special day, and really the highlight of the weekend.

 The whole gang
 My four generations of family.
 Little Lily-bean
 "Yay!  I've been blessed!"
Our little family.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

So beautiful. I loved the dress. Congrats you guys!

Mal said...

Aw! That "Yay! I've been blessed" pic is soooo cute!

Carrie said...

What a special day and love the dress!

Mal said...

Oh, and FYI: being a parent turned me into a crier too. I used to worry I wouldn't cry even when I felt I should--like loved ones dying.

I don't have that worry now.