Sunday, February 12, 2012

Projects!

In the reorganization process of getting rooms situated for a baby to take over the household, we moved a blanket chest from the bedroom to the living room.  In order for it to "go" with our other furniture, staining was necessary.  My friend, Mallory, came over and we spent an hour putting some color on the blanket chest.  I got it several years ago from Ikea when living in SoCal, and it shows the wear of seven moves and holding things other than blankets.  I'm going with the theory that just makes it look "antiqued."  But it looks good and is ready to hold the myriad of blankets Kevin and I seem to have collected.  I don't know how two people managed to accumulate so many blankets,  but we have, somehow.  If you ever come stay at our house, you will not be cold.

 The "before" shot, in all its natural, Ikea glory. 
The "after" shot.  The stain color is Gunstock.  I thought it looked like oak, but no one asked me to name it.  Unfortunately.

No comments: