Monday, November 21, 2011

Being Davis

I grew up with my Davis cousins (my Mom's side), and we are all pretty close.  But, as happens with all close family units, we have our own "language."  Being Davis has its ups and downs (mostly ups, though).  We are notorious for not being able to do anything musical; we cannot hold a beat, a tune, or dance.  Seriously, watching my aunts and uncles dance at my brother's wedding reception was HILARIOUS.  Some of us are slightly better at some musical things than others, but really, not by much.

On the other hand, we are chocolate connoisseurs.  As long as there is chocolate, life is good.  We are also a pretty inclusive bunch; we are happy to welcome almost anybody to our clan and will give you a fair chance to join our crazy antics before you tiptoe away in possibly sheer horror.  We often use the phrase, "it's Davis" to describe a multitude of things, and I am very glad to be a part of that group.  


There are moments when I wish I was musically inclined; that I could sing, dance, and be able to play an instrument, but at the end of the day, I'm glad to be part Davis and have all the aspects that make up the family legends.  We can truly put the "fun" back in dysfunctional.  

No comments: