Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Because I'm just not busy enough...

Remember this post?  You know, when I witnessed an armed robbery at Jack in the Box in Fremont?  Guess what I got in the mail today?  A subpoena to appear in court on October 25, 2011.  I have to be there at 8:30.  In the morning.  And stay there ALL day.  This is, of course, the same week that I have to pack and prep the house for a week-long trip to Vegas, Arizona, and LA for my brother's wedding.  I have to finish up stuff at work and get things in order there so it doesn't fall apart while I'm gone.  And oh, so much more.  So know I am taking a day off of work to go down to Fremont and deal with this.  Really?  November would have been so much better for me.

2 comments:

Mal said...

Ugh. Criminals are so inconsiderate. You would think they'd at least have the decency to keep from being caught until a more convenient time!

Jen said...

At least the subpeona wasn't for the week you were going to be gone... or worse, your brother's wedding day! It could be worse. :p Though of course I'd never wish that on you. ;)