Sunday, January 30, 2011

Keith

I have a friend who is currently in a medical crisis. He had emergency surgery on his back for a crushed spine and dead nerves due to, apparently, a past work-related injury and some sort of genetic situation. The long and short of it is, he is 26 and most likely will not be able to walk again. His oldest sister is a former roommate of mine, his dad was the Branch President of the singles branch up in Humboldt (Eureka), and I absolutely adore this family. Keith is a friend of mine, as well. He and I went to some football games while I was in transition in Eureka. He is one of the gentlest souls I have ever known. My heart is broken for him and his situation. But everyone has faith that the Lord will make his will to be known, and Kevin and I are joining in on the prayers for a miracle. I am going up to Sacramento on Saturday and will be able to visit him. I want to take him some things to play with and do. If anyone has some books, magazines, or movies that they wish to "donate" to the cause, I am wanting to bring him some stuff. Used is totally cool. He is an outdoorsy guy who likes camping, hunting, fishing, and guns. And he likes to read mysteries, thrillers; things like that. He truly is a Humboldt County guy. If you don't want to/can't donate something, keeping Keith and his family in your prayers is appreciated.

I know the Lord has a plan for us, and will never give us more than we can handle. Hearing how upbeat Keith is actually being during this time fills me with amazement and inspires me to do better about my own challenges. Please, please, please pray for Keith and his family; that the miracle will be provided, and barring that, that the Lord's will will be known and that there will be peace and acceptance during this trial.

No comments: