Sunday, January 9, 2011

Weekend jaunt

This past weekend we took a little jaunt up to Sacramento to attend Kevin's brother's wedding. On a Thursday. Random, I know. But we went, saw the happy couple, and then stayed in Sac for another day to play around on Friday. We wound up going to Placerville. It was very cool, with great little downtown and some wonderful historic buildings. There were plenty of plaques to keep me entertained. After wandering Placerville for a while, we wound up going down to Sacramento for lunch. We had planned to go to the Squeeze Inn (so named because it was originally a ten-stool diner only. The new location is not much bigger), and it was worth the drive. One of the best cheeseburgers I've ever eaten, and some pretty delicious fries. It was amazing. Definitely worth the trip to Sacramento, and totally worth a repeat visit. The photo below is what came out of the kitchen. That is how they cook/serve the burgers. Amazing. I would totally love to go back to Placerville. But first we have to visit Bodie State Park. It will mean camping, but I'm willing to do it in order to see it. Anybody want to join us?


An old Placerville building

This is the "Squeeze-with-cheese.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

squeeze w/cheese...looks very interesting. I want to see pics of the new car...since I have one I want to bond with yours :)

Amy said...

I've eaten at that place before, it is delicious! I knew it was the same when I saw all that fried cheese hanging off the burger. I think that place was on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives once. Looks like it was a fun weekend!

Garbett Family said...

If you go to Bodie, we want to come!!! Seriously! I went to Bodie once, about 18 years ago... and thought it was facinating. (Wait until it warms up... I think Bodie is snowed in all winter--you may also need 4WD.)