Sunday, September 12, 2010

Haunted Houses

I am interested in ghost stories. I always have been. The stories that there is something that "plays the piano" for all the guests after they have gone to bed, shuts doors, opens windows, moves furniture, stuff like that. I would love to go on a tour of a haunted building and see what there is to see. I grew up in an area that is full of historic houses and has lots of great stories. I need to find a place that has a tour, and is appropriately scary. None of this Haunted Castle at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk stuff. My dad has built better when I was a kid for the church Halloween party. No, I need a real, honest-to-goodness haunted building or haunted house. There has to be one in the Bay Area. And the Winchester House doesn't count. It isn't haunted; it's just weird.

2 comments:

Shalmeno said...

Ah SNAP. I was all excited to plan a double date to Winchester house and then I got to the last sentence. Phooey!

Unknown said...

I still want to tour the Winchester House just because it is the famous Winchester House. But I don't think it counts as a real "haunted house." But I am always up for a double date. You know this.