Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thankful

I have been somewhat silently going through a crisis in my mind lately. Kevin knows the state of my mind, as much as anyone outside of my mind can, and a couple friends have been sounding boards for me. But for the most part, I've been just going through the motions, trying to make it through the day. Some have had opinions and some have just listened. For the most part, I've just had to deal with myself. But I had a doctors appointment today, and the psychiatrist listened to me about my last couple months, major life changes, asked about my family history, my medical and mental health history, etc. It was a get to know you interview, and it was good. I put this out here, because it makes me realize how blessed I am to have parents who pushed until someone figured out what was going on with me, for the research that has enabled mental health patients to have a good quality of life, to live in a time when mental health isn't the dark, dirty secret it used to be, and for a loving Heavenly Father who enables me to have access to all of this. It was a day for reflecting on the blessings of my health, and to know that no matter what emotional and mental crisis I am going through, I will find my way out of it.

2 comments:

Shalmeno said...

I know I'm repeating myself, but.....HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen said...

We're thinking of and praying for you! So glad that things are looking up! <3