Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Suddenly sporty

I enjoy sports; I prefer to play than to watch, usually, but I love attending a live game and being part of the crowd and sharing the experience is electrifying and entertaining. So it was a little surprising to me that I got so involved in the MLB playoffs and the subsequent World Series. I watched every game, had lots to say at work the next day and with the people at church. If someone asks, I am a Giants fan. I grew up in NorCal and they are the team for the area. I'm not as committed as, say, a Red Sox fan is, but I like to think that in my own little way, I've supported the Giants through the years. So congrats to the Giants on winning the World Series--way to bring the win to the Bay! And I think this little video helped the Giants on their way. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Katy said...

I got into the series also, and after watching the Giants play, I realized something; the reason I haven't loved baseball so much until now is because I was watching the AL. I like the Giant's style of baseball much more than the A's.

Unknown said...

I can agree with that. The Giants were fun to watch.

Jen said...

I just can't agree that the Giants are the team for the Bay. I'm too much of a die hard A's fan. Totally couldn't get into the Series. Sorry... Can we still be friends? ;)

Unknown said...

Jen--Absolutely we can be friends. But I did grow up in Eureka, and SF is the team for the Coast. So I'll stick with my Giants, and when they play your A's we can go to a game for a little friendly competition. : ) And some good ballpark food, of course.