Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Leavin' on a jet plane...

OK, maybe I'm not really going on a jet plane, but at the speed Kevin drives, I'm sure it qualifies. We're leaving tomorrow to drive to Eureka for the big Thanksgiving festivities. I'm excited to see my parents and brothers, spend some time at the homestead, and enjoy a Klima Thanksgiving. I didn't go home for Thanksgiving when I lived in Long Beach, and I stayed in the Bay Area last year for Thanksgiving, so I'm really looking forward to my Dad's stuffing and my Mom's bran muffins. Thanksgiving isn't the same without them. But we're heading north and taking the wonder pup with us.

I've been spending time reflecting on all of my many blessings; there are so many things that I have to be thankful for. I've listed some out (in no particular order) and am just thankful for this season that helps me to reflect on all my many blessings.

-Kevin (for all sorts of things to numerous to mention)
-the Gospel and its infinite atonement
-My parents, brothers, and grandma
-All my friends across the country
-My siblings-in-law and their kids--entertainment for hours
-Education
-The opportunity to travel, and see so many things around the world
-The freedom of this country
-The various forms of communication and the technological advances that allow me to stay in touch with friends and family easily
-Maggie the Wonder Pup

There is so much more I could mention, but I don't want to bore you. Needless to say, I am truly blessed. I think Thanksgiving is often overshadowed by Christmas, but at this time let us give thanks for all the blessings, big and small that we have been given.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I think Kevin's driving definitely qualifies as light speed! LOL! Have fun in Eureka! One of these years, you'll have to come to an Athey Thanksgiving and bring your mom's famous bran muffins for us to enjoy too. That's the great thing about a new family... So many new recipes to share! :D I'm thankful for you and for how happy you make my brother. I'm glad you've made his dreams come true! xoxo