Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Crafty

You may remember this post, about how I was tempted by DIY projects, but scared by past failures. Well, I decided to give it a go, and start with something relatively simple. I have always been a fan of French memory boards, but the ones I like are kind of expensive, and the cheaper ones are really ugly, and not my style at all. So, I found a sale on cork boards and fabric, got some ribbon, and went to town with a staple gun. I did it while watching the SYTYCD finale. And I love it. It gives me the confidence for some more DIY projects. Hopefully without the WTF at the end of it.


What I started with: cork board, fabric, and quilt batting.
The finished product.
The finished product...with photos!

1 comment:

Shalmeno said...

Very impressive! I think this bodes well for further craftiness. ;-)