Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Love

Last night I was working on some homework. It was supposed to be simple and easy; download a program, watch a tutorial video, find some other stuff, and write a few paragraphs. No problem. Except I started working on it at 4 pm and didn't finish until after 2 am. Why? Because the stupid thing wouldn't install correctly. Kevin tried working on it when he came home and tried to get it to work from 6 pm until 12 am, when things finally came together and I could begin the assignment, which of course is due today.

But this post isn't about how dysfunctional ArcGIS Explorer is, or how stupid I am finding Macbooks right now. No, it is about the amazing awesomeness that is my fiance. He comes home around 5:45, sees I am having issues, and gets to trying to solve the problem. He tried to figure different things out to make it work, and was finally able to ninja something and had me going by midnight. And then, even though he has work today, he stayed up with me and kept me going until I finished. So he just sat with me. Gave me encouragement, and helped me figure stuff out when I blanked. That, my friends, is love.

So thank you, my genius of a man. I am falling asleep and blanking out at various points today, but I do so with the full knowledge that Kevin is too. And that he didn't have to be. But he is because he is with me, every step of the way.

No comments: