Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I finally get it!

I finally get how people who are getting married only talk about their weddings. Because there are so many details in the planning that it just consumes your life. If anyone asks how you are doing or what is new, that is the only thing that you are doing. Food, music, decor, flowers, photography, clothes, guests. It is all-consuming. I am trying so hard not to be that girl who bores everybody with wedding talk, but honestly, it can be hard because I don't have a whole lot else going on. My saving grace is school, because I have something else to share and talk about. But people can only pretend to be interested in my "inner geek" (i.e. planning, architecture, history, etc.) for so long. So my conversational topics have become vastly diminshed and limited. But I'm doing my best to keep up with the goings on in the world, and being able to hold my own with those around me. But forgive me if I lapse into wedding talk too much and too often. It really is all that is going on with my life. I love it. I'm ectstatic that I'm marrying Kevin. But I understand how boring it is for the rest of the world (trust me...I've been on the other side...often).

2 comments:

Jen said...

It's never boring to me! I LOVE wedding talk!!

Shalmeno said...

Have I told you lately that every time I see a picture of you and Kevin it puts a BIG smile on my face? If I haven't, there you go!