Wednesday, March 4, 2009

If it's not a good time...

One of the things I remember the Black sisters saying, pretty consistently, is "If it's not a good time, it's a good story." I've taken that to heart, and have endeavored to look at the events in my life with that philosophy. So far, it has served me well. Now I seek to pass on that bit of wisdom to those I've come in contact with. I've found a gym buddy up here, and have been doing pretty well at going regularly (hold for applause of congratulations here...and back to the story), but while we are there, she and I discuss our dating opportunites in the area. Just as an FYI/side-note, I've been on TWO dates in the 6 weeks I've lived in SJ, thank you very much. But I digress. My new friend isn't sure about some of the guys she says yes to. She hates to turn someone down who has screwed up his courage to ask a girl out. When she expresses her concerns over the social awkwardness or some other oddball characteristic of her date, I find myself uttering the infamous phrase..."If it's not a good time, it's a good story."

She agrees. The legacy lives on.

No comments: