Wednesday, July 29, 2015

temple square

my little tribe spent a day on temple square in slc on our last day in utah.  lily calls every large, white building we see a temple, so i was a little excited to show her the slc temple.  her reaction did not disappoint.  we wandered around, letting lily lead the way since kevin and i have been there multiple times before.  it was a pretty great day.

wandering around temple square, going into the visitors centers, and especially being there over pioneer weekend and knowing what the mormon pioneers went through that they might live the gospel freely and allow it to be shared so that i could have it in my life today, i had such an overwhelming feeling of the spirit, and of the knowledge that my family is eternal.  that i chose to make covenants with my Heavenly Father so that i could be linked to my parents and siblings, my ancestors, and my husband and daughter, and through lily, my descendants.  it was humbling to feel the love of my Savior as i walked around with my family, as i pondered what sacrifices the early saints had made to come to the utah valley.  i am grateful for that knowledge, and grateful to know that because the Savior lives, i might live with Him and my Father in Heaven again.

lily kept wanting to go inside and "see Jesus,"
but had to be content with hanging out on the steps and walking around.
sorry, kid.  someday.

the tabernacle.

visiting the Christus


budding photographer


No comments: