Sunday, June 14, 2015

we're going on a trip!

lily has been having a love affair with suitcases lately.  she drags my carry-on all over the house and wants to take it with us whenever we go somewhere.  this was our conversation the other day:

background: i've been showing her the albums and photos from my various travels, and she has been particularly enthralled by the trip i took to paris quite a few years ago.

lily: mama, i packed your suitcase!
me: oh, you did.  thank you, lily.

later that morning, pulling the suitcase and other travel bags down the hall to the front door...

lily: mama, i'm ready to go.
me: where are we going?
lily: on a trip!
me: where are we going on a trip to?
lily: paris!

i had such a proud mama moment right then.  someday, i really hope i can take her to paris.
i came out of the shower to find my suitcase
packed and ready to go.


i am apparently packed and ready for paris.
fyi..she put my shoes in a separate bag.
that's my girl.

No comments: