Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hanging at the homestead

We spent the past week in Eureka for Klima-ween (aka Halloween--I kid you not, the people in my parents ward call it Klima-ween.  Even newly transferred missionaries heard about it and came by to check out the decor.) and played tourist to some of my favorite places in the area.  And took lots of pictures.  Enjoy!

We got there on Mom's birthday.  She had fun with her favorite visitor. 
The traditional candy pumpkins on Mom's chocolate cake.  
The high school has a fundraiser where they show a silent movie and the orchestra plays the score. It was fantastic.
I had my Turkey Lurkey! (Turkey, cranberry sauce, and cornbread dressing on sourdough. Divine.)
Kevin happily got mud on Jeep going four-wheeling in Prairie Creek State Park.
One of my favorite places is Fern Canyon.  It is beyond gorgeous and I LOVED going back. I can't wait until we can go back in the summer when you can get further in the canyon.

Lily was a champ and did not fuss during the hike at all.  She enjoyed her trip through the woods.


Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox at Trees of Mystery.
One of four Golden Bears at Klamath Bridge.  I love these guys.
And there were some elk, just chillin' off the side of the road.

The new Klima-ween mascot.

More elk.  In someone's front yard.
The Halloween ballerina.
Halloween decor around the house.  It was a light decorating year for Dad.






We make our own Halloween chocolates.  Because my parents are Martha Stewart that way.
The traditional flaming pumpkin.




No comments: