Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Food Adventures

This will come as a shock to most who know me, especially mi padre, but I've recently had a little bit of a yen to eat some crab...as in a bit of a crab feed. I want to spread some newspaper on the dining room table, have bowls of drawn butter, crab and mallets, maybe some rolls and a little coleslaw or corn or other grilled veggies. This might be manifesting because Kevin is addicted to Deadliest Catch right now, and all they seem to do is catch humongous crab in the Bering Sea. My parents have had a crab feed every once in a while, with friends that are like-minded about seafood. The boys and I are not big on seafood, so Mom and Dad are on there own in that culinary delight. But I think sometime, when Kevin and I head north again, maybe we can have a feast with the parents. And I can try some seafood for a one-time random occurrence. We'll have to see how it goes. If nothing else, Kevin will be a happy camper--he is a seafood fanatic.

No comments: