Wednesday, October 16, 2013

my "underage boyfriend"

some good friends of ours have a four year old son who i adore.  and he loves me right back.  i call him my "underage boyfriend" (ubf) and kevin is well aware that in fourteen years i'm leaving him for my ubf.  sometimes my ubf calls me just to chat, calls to make sure i'm coming to a party, he called to make sure i was ok after my car broke down, and invites me over to play.  he is one of my favorite little people ever, and i can't wait to see him grow up.  

one of my favorite ubf moments came last night via text from my ubf's mom.

ubf: i wonder what the atheys are doing tonight? 

completely random and out of the blue.  i really do heart him.  

5 comments:

Bethany P said...

He is definitely smooth.

Steven P. said...

"kevin is well aware that in fourteen years i'm leaving him for my ubf"

What if you have to compete with Lily for him? This is a Jerry Springer episode in the making ;-)

Mal said...

Back away from Rion. Madie's got dibs. I have it all planned out--a beautiful 19 year old girl calls me to say, "Mum, I met this guy. He's gorgeous. And funny--in a quirky way--and so sweet. I'm bringing him home for Thanksgiving. His name is Rion." I'm like (in my head), "Oooo, Ryan. Wonder what he's like." Three days before Thanksgiving, in walks Miss Madie with none other than Rion Paradise--dashing and debonaire, but totally genuine. And now I'm like, "OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OHMYGOSHSHHSHSHSHSH! Thanksgiving parties with the Paradises for ETERNITY!!!!" And B is like, "Oh my gosh..."

Unknown said...

Wait...if Madie's 19, that means Rion is 19. And should be on a mission. Unless she talked him out of going? And is that really who you want for your daughter? A guy who would be talked out of a mission. Ugh.

I think B. Would be more like, "sweet."

Mal said...

They're actually 20. Didn't you see that? What's wrong with you, Shaine. What kind of person do you think I am?